ITT-RAMS is an asset management solution that enables a road authority to link strategic objectives to its planning, maintenance operations and investment decision-making.
ITT and its Directors have been involved in the development of Road Management Systems (RMSs) in several countries since the 1980s, including Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Mozambique and Tanzania. Following this experience, ITT-RAMS is ITT’s latest offer of a fit-for-purpose Road Asset Management System.
ITT-RAMS can be customised for use by any road authority. Its characteristics include:
- Advanced user-management: passwords have one-way hash, i.e., the system encrypts passwords such that they cannot be decrypted
- Faster, cheaper and more secure infrastructure: uses docker containers for fast reliable deployment, it can be run in the cloud, runs behind a secure network - a Virtual Private Cloud - which limits access to the system
- Supports both native and web apps: can be downloaded from an Applications Store. It can be run on a desktop or a mobile system, as well as in a web browser – similar to the experience of logging in online into a personal bank account
- Supports better integration with mobile apps for mapping
Its capabilities include :
- Inventory development: the system is built around a MySQL database that functions as a repository of the outputs of typical inventory and condition data collection systems
- Conditions Monitoring: A condition colour coding system is programmed in the backend, based on discriminate weighted road defects and defined severity levels. Condition monitoring reports range from the link level to the overall network level.
- Automated strategic and detailed planning: a planning module is formulated from a Multi-criteria analysis based on asset inventory, types of work intervention and a customisable set of prioritisation criteria programmed in the backend
- Contract management and payment control: information captured in standard contract documents and payment certificates can be input into the system in real time
- Financial monitoring and reporting: has the functionality to generate standard quarterly and annual reports, as well as to create bespoke reports
To summarise, ITT-RAMS is an enabler for data-driven decision making and it can be adapted to the practice of different road asset-owning authorities